RYOT55 Team Tech
WHAT – 55mm deep disc brake carbon tubular wheel set.
WHO – Riders who wish the fastest and most stable 50-60mm deep wheel set for road/crit racing beating Zipp, Roval, Fulcrum and other competitors in the wind tunnel and real world.
IDEAL FOR – Road and crit racing, all-around road riding, gran fondos.
IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels (disc rotors/lockrings/thru axles not included)
- 40mm inline valve extenders
EXTENDED USA LIFETIME WARRANTY
Team Tech Tubular – The choice of our pro teams
The pro peloton has seen the adoption of tubeless or clincher setups recently and due to this many wheel brands are not putting effort into further development of tubular wheels or have even stopped producing them.
With FFWD’s close partnerships we understand that tubular wheels remain popular and are the preferred choice for many teams and riders. This is why we continue to invest in development of tubular models such as the RYOT55 Team Tech.
Based on professional feedback
Two years ago a development process started with Team Direct Energie and classics specialist Niki Terpstra. The new Team Tech tubular rim profile is based on feedback from the field tests together with significant aero tests done in the development of the LAW Tech rim shape.
The new tubular rims are optimized for 25mm tires and also perform very well with 28mm tires. Both sizes have an ideal airflow around the tire and a smooth transition to the rim. The ability to fit wider tires also allows flexibility for teams to choose the right setups for challenging conditions such as cobbled roads.
DT Swiss 240 EXP Hub System
The DT Swiss hubs in the RYOT55 have been improved with an EXP ratchet system. The hub internals now offer even higher precision and increased stiffness combined with a lower weight. This helps to further increase the performance of the wheel.
The RYOT55 is built with DT Swiss’ newest DT240 EXP straight pull center-lock hubs featuring a 36 tooth star ratchet system offering 10 degrees of engagement for quick and crisp shifting, DT Swiss Aerolite and Competition spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples and 12mm thru axle (12/100mm, 12/142mm) as standard.
The RYOT55 Team Tech is available in white only and with Shimano/SRAM 10-11 speed, SRAM XDR and Campagnolo 11-12 speed freehub options.
You can view the complete RYOT55 Team Tech tubular model specifications here.
- 700c 55mm full carbon tubular
- LAW Tech aerodynamic profile
- UV Protected Decals
- ETRTO 622/700c
- Spoke Count: 24H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: 2:1
- Hub Option: DT Swiss DT240 EXP 36T Straight Pull Center Lock 12mm Thru Axle
- Hub Spacing: Front: 12/100mm, Rear: 12/142mm (QR adapters available)
- Components: DT Aerolite/Competition, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 10/11spd, SRAM XDR 12spd, Campagnolo 11/12spd
- Color(s): White
- Weight: 1470 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 25mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): 25mm (Min: 23mm, Max: 42mm)
- Maximum Tire Pressure: N/A
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: FFWD padded wheelbag and valve extenders