The Fastest Wheel in History.
The FFWD Falcon 2 spoke wheel features a revolutionary design employing only two NACA profile shaped spokes in the center of the wheel and a rim profile with a variable depth arc of 48mm to 90mm.
This unique UCI approved design results in the least amount of aerodynamic resistance possible which significantly reduces drag and increases watt savings. In wind conditions most frequently encountered in the real world (0-10 degrees), the Falcon outperforms all competitor front wheels by a savings up to 9 watts.
The Falcon is manufactured using the highest quality TORAY© UD carbon fiber. The materials and lay up schedule utilized are carefully chosen to reach the optimal balance and stiffness to weight ratio for this revolutionary wheel.
During development FFWD sponsored team riders from Total Direct Energie and Arkea-Samsic tested a variety of prototypes in training and during competition and provided very positive feedback on the overall performance and handling.
For road time-trials and triathlons the Falcon is offered as single front or rear wheel in tubeless ready carbon clincher with rim or disc brake. A tubular track model is also available here where testing has proven a Falcon paired with rear DISC-T SL is more aerodynamic than other current wheel combinations.
The Falcon features a DT Swiss 350 hub with 5/100mm front and 5/130mm rear spacing and is available in tubeless ready full carbon clincher or tubular with matte black or white color options.
In addition to a full 3 year warranty when registered, each wheel comes with CRP and accessories that include: padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valve and valve hole sticker kit.
Fast Forward’s rim technologies and unique artisan wheel building techniques are market-leading and WorldTour tested. FFWD Wheels are hand built in The Netherlands and have been ridden to victories in the Spring Classics, each Grand Tour and numerous World Championships.
IN THE BOX
- Front rim brake wheel
- Padded wheel bag
- Tubeless rim tape
- Tubeless valve
- QR skewer
- SwissStop Black Prince carbon brake pads
- Tubeless setup instructions
- Valve hole sticker set
- The Fastest Wheel in History
- 700c tubeless ready full carbon rim brake front wheel model
- UV protected decals
- UCI Approved
- Ideal to pair with Falcon Rear or DISC FCC SL
- Rim Depth: 48mm to 90mm variable arc
- Spoke Count: 2 modified NACA 0018 profile blades
- Hub Options: DT Swiss 350 Quick Release
- Hub Spacing: Front: 5/100mm
- Components: N/A
- Freehub: N/A
- Color(s): Matte Black, White
- Weight +/- 5%: FCC: 990 grams
- Rim Width Outside: 25mm
- Rim Width Inside: 17mm
- Recommended Tire Size: Min: 23mm, Max: 33mm
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 130psi/9bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: FFWD padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valve, QR skewer and valve hole sticker kit