WHAT – 45mm deep tubeless ready disc brake carbon clincher wheel set.
WHO – Riders who wish a versatile mid-depth wheel set for road and light gravel use at an exceptional value.
IDEAL FOR – Flats, hills, all-around road and gravel, long rides, gran fondos.
The TYRO is FFWD’s latest 45mm full carbon clincher wheel set designed specifically for disc brake bikes and ideal for gravel, road and cyclocross.
Designed to offer exceptional value, performance, quality and versatility the new TYRO exceeds expectations in a sub $1000 carbon wheel set.
Based on one of the market’s most popular mid-depth wheels the F4, the TYRO features a 45mm deep tubeless ready rim with proprietary DARC ‘Double Arc’ profile for exceptional aerodynamics.
The TYRO is built with a newly developed FFWD straight pull center-lock hub featuring a 36 tooth rear ratchet system offering 10 degrees of engagement for quick and crisp shifting, DT Swiss Competition spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples and 12mm thru axle (12/100mm, 12/142mm) as standard. The TYRO is available in matte black and with Shimano/SRAM 10-11 speed, SRAM XDR or Campagnolo freehub options.
For an overview of the complete TYRO specifications, download the datasheet here.
IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels (disc rotors/thru axles not included)
- Padded double wheel bag
- 25mm tubeless rim tape
- 60mm tubeless valves
- Tubeless setup instructions
- 700c 45mm tubeless ready full carbon clincher
- DARC aerodynamic profile
- UV Protected Decals
- ETRTO: 19-622
- Spoke Count: 24H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: 2 Cross
- Hub Option: FFWD 36T Ratchet Straight Pull Center Lock 12mm Thru Axle
- Hub Spacing: Front: 12/100mm, Rear: 12/142mm (QR adapters here)
- Components: DT Competition, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 10/11spd, SRAM XDR 12spd or Campagnolo
- Color(s): Matte Black
- Weight: 1695 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 27mm
- Rim Width Inside: 19mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): 25mm (Min: 23mm, Max: 40mm)
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 130psi/9bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: FFWD padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valves
Please note: Use of 25mm tubeless rim tape is required regardless of standard or tubeless setup.
EXTENDED USA LIFETIME WARRANTY