The TYRO is FFWD’s latest 45mm full carbon clincher wheel set designed specifically for disc brake bikes and ideal for gravel, road and cyclocross.
Designed to offer exceptional value, performance, quality and versatility the new TYRO exceeds expectations in a sub $1000 carbon wheel set.
Based on one of the market’s most popular mid-depth wheels the F4, the TYRO features a 45mm deep tubeless ready rim with proprietary DARC ‘Double Arc’ profile for exceptional aerodynamics.
The TYRO is built with a newly developed FFWD straight pull center-lock hub featuring a 36 tooth rear ratchet system offering 10 degrees of engagement for quick and crisp shifting, DT Swiss Competition spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples and 12mm thru axle (12/100mm, 12/142mm) as standard. The TYRO is available in matte black and with Shimano/SRAM 10-11 speed or SRAM XDR freehub options.
For an overview of the complete TYRO specifications, download the datasheet here.
In addition to a full 3 year warranty when registered, each wheelset comes with CRP and accessories that include: padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valves.
Fast Forward’s rim technologies and unique artisan wheel building techniques are market-leading and WorldTour tested. FFWD Wheels are hand built in The Netherlands and have been ridden to victories in the Spring Classics, each Grand Tour and numerous World Championships.
IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels (disc rotors/thru axles not included)
- Padded double wheel bag
- 25mm tubeless rim tape
- 60mm tubeless valves
- Tubeless setup instructions
- 700c 45mm tubeless ready full carbon clincher
- DARC aerodynamic profile
- UV Protected Decals
- Spoke Count: 24H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: 2 Cross
- Hub Option: FFWD 36T Ratchet Straight Pull Center Lock 12mm Thru Axle
- Hub Spacing: Front: 12/100mm, Rear: 12/142mm (QR adapters here)
- Components: DT Competition, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 10/11spd or SRAM XDR 12spd
- Color(s): Matte Black
- Weight: 1695 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 27mm
- Rim Width Inside: 19mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): Min: 23mm, Max: 40mm
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 130psi/9bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: FFWD padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valves
Please note: Use of 25mm tubeless rim tape is required regardless of standard or tubeless setup.