WHAT – 36mm deep gravel specific tubeless disc brake carbon wheel set.
WHO – Riders who wish to hit the dirt and gravel with speed and confidence.
IDEAL FOR – Flats, mountainous and hilly terrain, all-around gravel, adventure, long rides, grinduros, gravel racing.
With a performance road wheel range suitable for light gravel use we also saw the growing demand for a gravel specific wheel set. We started a development process to create a unique model with durability and performance being the key specifications. The result is a carefully designed rim combined with only the highest quality components – Meet The DRIFT.
Durability and Handling
While weight is typically one of the more interesting specifications in wheel selection for the DRIFT we took a different approach. In our design and component choices weight is important but should not compromise other areas such as durability and handling.
The DRIFT is built with newly designed full carbon 700c 36mm deep hookless rims with 30mm external and 24mm internal widths. Components include DT Swiss Aero Comp spokes and external brass nipples in a 2:1 lacing pattern paired with the new DT240 EXP disc brake center lock hubs (12/100mm, 12/142mm) as standard.
The DRIFT is available with DT350 hub option here.
The DT Aero Comp spokes offer more stiffness and durability and are more resilient when taking impacts over their bladed cousins. These selections combined with our wheel building process deliver you stiffness and direct power transmission when you put the wheels in motion.
Hookless Rim Design
The newly designed hookless rim features an internal width of 24mm, only compatible with tubeless tires. A special carbon layup was engineered to deal with higher impacts when riding on lower tire pressures on heavy gravel roads. The DRIFT offers the use of a broad range of tire options from minimum 30mm up to 60mm with a maximum tire pressure of 72 psi/5 bar.
While weight is not the most important specification, the DRIFT wheel set comes in at a mere 1515 grams on the scale. As with all FFWD Wheels the DRIFT comes as a complete package with 27mm tubeless tape and tubeless valves in a protective FFWD padded wheel bag.
For an overview of the complete DRIFT specifications, download the datasheet here.
IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels (disc rotors/thru axles not included)
- Padded double wheel bag
- 27mm tubeless rim tape
- 50mm tubeless valves
- Tubeless setup instructions
- 700c 36mm tubeless ready full carbon clincher
- Gravel specific hookless rim design
- UV Protected Decals
- ETRTO 24-622
- Spoke Count: 24H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: 2:1
- Hub Option: DT Swiss DT240 EXP 36T Straight Pull Center Lock 12mm Thru Axle
- Hub Spacing: Front: 12/100mm, Rear: 12/142mm (DT Swiss QR adapters available)
- Components: DT Aero Comp spokes, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 10/11spd, SRAM XDR 12spd, Campagnolo 11/12spd and N3W 13spd
- Color(s): Matte Black
- Weight: 1515 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 30mm
- Rim Width Inside: 24mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): Min: 30mm, Max: 60mm
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 72 psi/5 bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: FFWD padded wheelbag, tubeless rim tape and valves
Please note: Use of 27mm tubeless rim tape is required. DT240 EXP hub is not convertible to 15mm TA.
EXTENDED USA LIFETIME WARRANTY