TYRO II Disc Brake
WHAT – 45mm deep tubeless ready disc brake carbon clincher wheel set.
WHO – Riders who wish a versatile mid-depth wheel set for road and gravel use at an exceptional value.
IDEAL FOR – Flats, hills, all-around road and gravel, racing, long rides, gran fondos.
WHAT’S INCLUDED – IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels (disc rotors/lockrings/thru axles not included)
- Pre-installed 27mm tubeless rim tape
- Pre-installed 60mm tubeless valves
EXTENDED USA LIFETIME WARRANTY
The TYRO II comes with a USA extended lifetime warranty when purchased through ffwdusa.com or a US authorized dealer and a factory 3 year warranty and 5 year crash replacement policy.
The TYRO II is FFWD’s next generation 45mm tubeless ready full carbon clincher wheel set designed specifically for disc brake bikes and ideal for road, gravel and cyclocross.
Designed to offer exceptional performance, quality and versatility at a great value the new TYRO II exceeds expectations.
The TYRO II features a 45mm deep tubeless ready hooked rim with 21mm internal and 29mm external widths designed for exceptional aerodynamics and optimized for 28mm tires. The TYRO II is compatible with standard clincher and tubeless tires from 23mm to 44mm.
The wheel set is built with the FFWD Two/One straight pull center-lock hubs featuring a 36 tooth rear ratchet system offering 10 degrees of engagement for quick and crisp shifting, Sapim round Sprint spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples and 12mm thru axle (12/100mm, 12/142mm) as standard.
Available in matte black and with Shimano 10-12spd/SRAM 10-11 speed, SRAM XDR, Campagnolo and N3W freehub options.
For an overview of the complete TYRO II disc brake specifications, download the datasheet here.
A TYRO II rim brake model is available here.
- 700c 45mm tubeless ready hooked full carbon clincher
- UV Protected Decals
- ETRTO: 21-622
- Spoke Count: 24H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: 2 Cross
- Hub Option: FFWD 36T Ratchet Straight Pull Center Lock 12mm Thru Axle
- Hub Spacing: Front: 12/100mm, Rear: 12/142mm (QR adapters here)
- Components: Sapim Sprint, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano 10-12spd/SRAM 10-11spd, SRAM XDR 12spd, Campagnolo or N3W
- Color(s): Matte Black
- Weight: 1675 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 29mm
- Rim Width Inside: 21mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): 28mm (Min: 23mm, Max: 44mm)
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 120psi/8.3bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 265lbs/120kg
- Accessories: Installed 27mm tubeless rim tape and valves
Note: Use of 27mm tubeless rim tape is required regardless of standard or tubeless setup.
There are no reviews yet.